Sunday 14 September 2014

Saying Goodbye..... and Looking Forward to New Beginnings.

My son Ollie and my cat Harley

On Tuesday this week, my beloved cat Harley died. She nearly made it to her 20th birthday, so she had a good long life.  I knew she didn't have long to go, as she had kidney disease and it was progressively getting worse.  On Monday evening her back legs gave way, I just sat with her that night knowing the end was near.  By Tuesday morning she had passed.  In a way I'm grateful she went on her own as I couldn't imagine taking her to the vet to get her put to sleep.
It's really strange her not being around, as she was such a homely cat, never wandering far. It's going to take some time to get used to.  I have her name tag on my key chain and I'm getting a plaque engraved and put on my bench in the garden.  
She'll always be remembered, she was a big part of the family. I'm getting her ashes back on Thursday and I'm going to scatter them beside where my Mum's ashes were scattered.  
RIP Harley, I hope you're up there running around in fields with the sun shining down on you.

Grateful for the 20 years we got with Harley


So after all that happening, I saw an opportunity to study online to become a Nutritional Therapist and gain a diploma through the Health Sciences Academy.  Now this IS my passion, but I thought I was going to have to wait until my son Ollie was older, never realising I could gain a diploma online. After all the tears this week, this is my rainbow.  
I'm so excited to get started and learn more about nutrition, what it does to us and how important it is in our lives.  This is where my future lies, helping others live a full healthy life through the knowledge of good nutrition, combined with exercise.  

Nutrition IS the key!

As one door closes and I say goodbye to Harley another one opens and I look forward to new beginnings.

Thanks for reading guys, I appreciate and I'm grateful for everyone of you that takes the time to read my weekly blogs.  
Remember to head over to Fit For Life, my Facebook page where I post daily.
Have a lovely week, Caroline xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment