Wednesday 18 March 2015

21 DAY FIX EXTREME - Week 1 review.

Here I go, Day One!

On Monday I started Beachbodys newest program 21 Day Fix Extreme.  It's extreme because for 21 days there are NO treats or cheats...eeek... just clean whole foods that you pop into your little colour coded containers.  The containers are actually pretty awesome and are so simple to use.  Each colour is a different food group:

Red = Protein      
Green = Veg
Yellow = Carbs
Purple = Fruit
Blue = Healthy Fats
Orange = Seeds & Dressings
Tsp = Oils & Nut Butters

You then work out your calorie bracket and from there find out how many of each container you are allowed each day.  
The key is all in the meal planning and prepping. You really have to sit down on a Sunday, plan out your meals then start prepping.  It takes a bit of time, but it's the only way you are assured of not slipping off track.  If it's there and ready to grab, you're going to succeed!

Meal planning & prepping


The first few days I did feel a little bit hungry, but after playing around with snacks and eating every few hours I got into the swing of it.  I can even have my favourite snack, strong coffee with peanut butter, banana and cinnamon on wholegrain toast.  So I'm not really changing what I eat, just some of the portion sizes and boy did I eat too much pasta...oops!

1 yellow  1/2 purple 1 tsp
1 days worth of food! I ain't going hungry!

The workouts are all 30 minutes long and most of them involve weights, yey!  (I have missed lifting weights) 
This is my first program with trainer Autumn Calabrese and I think she's fab, her body is AMAZING!  That's motivation right there!  
As my first week is coming to an end, I'm sore, and that's a really good thing!  It's working... 
Doing these workouts along with the dialled in nutrition,  I can feel it already.  I'm really excited to see the results you can have in 21 days if you work hard and eat clean, portioned controlled meals.

Look at those abs...


Stay tuned, results will be posted in 2 weeks...Eeek...

Have a great week, stay happy, stay healthy!  
Caroline xoxo

Facebook: Fit For Life
Instagram: caroline.glen
Twitter: cas26







No comments:

Post a Comment