Sunday 2 November 2014

Leftover Halloween Pumpkin? Slow Cooker Lentil and Vegetable Soup.

Halloween wine and goodies!

Did you have a Happy Halloween?  I love this time of year, it's the run up to Christmas, my all time favourite holiday!!  I'm getting in the festive spirit already, yes I've been playing Christmas songs at home and in my car!!
But with that comes all the goodies, oh and I love them all!  Mince pies and mulled wine, yes please!  I will be enjoying some treats but I will not be stuffing my face, I WILL have self control!!!

After 12 hours... delicious!!

Divided into individual portions.


My slow cooker/crockpot lentil and vegetable soup is going to keep you on track.  I make this and divide it up into individual portions and refrigerate or freeze until I need them.

INGREDIENTS

2 cups dried red lentils
1 litre vegetable stock
1/2 pumpkin or butternut squash, chopped
3 carrots, chopped
3 potatoes, chopped
1 onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp dried herbs
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper

METHOD

Throw everything into the slow cooker/crockpot and cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 5 hours.
After cooking I blended half the mixture to make it thicker but still leaving some chunky veg!

This soup is going to be a staple throughout the winter months in our house.  What could be easier than putting all the ingredients into one pot and turning it on?  I love it, foolproof!  Enjoy.

Pop over to Fit For Life where I post everyday.
Have a happy, healthy week.  Stay grateful.
Caroline xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment