Sunday 26 October 2014

Staying Healthy in The Highlands!

Meeting a few Highland cows!

This week I drove up north to spend a few nights in The Highlands.  I love it up there, really getting away from it all and just relaxing.  I really should go more often, it only took me  1 1/2 hours drive! Why when it's literally on our doorstep don't we go more?  This is probably the first time I've visited in nearly 15 years!

Traditional log fireplace,

We stayed in a traditional little Scottish hotel that had 3 roaring fireplaces.  You can't beat sitting in front of the fire after a long walk in the countryside.  I immersed myself totally and enjoyed every second of it.

A small dry sherry by the fire.


So, did I stay healthy for those few days?  Well, kinda...
I took a lemon with me as I need my warm water and lemon first thing in the morning, that's a given. I also took some unsalted nuts, raisins and apples, just so I had some healthy snack options ready to hand.
For the 2 nights I was there I chose whatever I wanted to eat at dinner and I had a few glasses of wine too. ( I was on a little break after all!)
I also bought some homemade macaroon, I used to love this as a child, it tasted sooo good and brought back some memories...

Mmmm homemade macaroon!

So today I'm back on it, back to my clean eating until next Saturday ( my treat meal night) and my workouts. ( No workouts on my 2 nights away)
Because I eat clean and workout consistently I don't worry about those few days away, I just jump straight back in.  I would never allow myself to fall back into my old ways, that's never going to happen!
So I just finished Piyo drench, now I'm going old school and pushing play on some P90X legs and back. Ooh may have trouble with the stairs tomorrow!!

Consistency Is Key

Have a great week, stay healthy, stay happy and pop over to my Facebook Page Fit For Life where I post everyday.
Caroline xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment