Sunday 7 September 2014

Clean Chocolate Brownie Cupcakes? Yes Please!!

Kid Approved!!


I have such a sweet tooth, sometimes the craving for sugar really gets to me! I'll be standing in my kitchen opening every cupboard and raiding the fridge looking for something sweet.  The thing is I know there's nothing there ( I deliberately don't buy chocolate for this reason, I have no self control when chocolate is involved! ) but I keep checking in case something might miraculously appear!! Does anyone else do this?!  Crazy lady...

So I searched for a clean recipe that would satisfy my sugar craving and I found this amazing recipe for Clean Chocolate Brownie Cupcakes.  I was sceptical at first but thought I'd give them a try and test the outcome.  
And the result? OMG! For a clean chocolate cake they are pretty awesome.  They are delicious, moist, chocolatey, and guilt free, Hallelujah!!  Did I mention they are made with chickpeas? Yes, chickpeas, no flour, so they are gluten free too. Yey!!

Yes, I liked the bowl, sooo good!

Just out the oven, smell delicious!


Last night (Saturday night) is when I allow myself a little wine and a little ice cream.  My son Ollie chose the ice cream, Haagen Dazs Cookie Dough, he has excellent taste!  I warmed up one of my chocolate cupcakes for 30 seconds in the microwave and spooned the cookie dough ice cream on top.  I was one happy lady, savouring and smiling with each and every bite.  I think this is definitely going to be my Saturday night treat from now on.  

Heaven on a plate.....


Here is the recipe, I hope you try it and love them as much as I do:

Clean Chocolate Brownie Cupcakes

  • 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
  • 3 large eggs
  • 6oz honey
  • 40g unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 3 Tbsp. virgin/unrefined coconut oil 
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 25g dark choc chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350f, 180c , gas mark 4
2. Prepare 12 muffin cups by lining with cupcake liners or coating with nonstick spray.
3. Placed chickpeas (drained and rinsed) into food processor. Process until smooth. Add all other ingredients except chocolate chips. Process until well-blended.
4. Divide batter among 12 prepared muffin cups.
5. Top each cupcake with 4 - 5 chocolate chips; push the chips into the batter slightly.
6. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
7. Cool completely and enjoy!

The recipe states 12, but I got 9 cupcakes, I like a bigger cupcake, who doesn't?!
I have a few leftover that I'll pop in the freezer until next Saturday.

Happy baking and remember to visit my Facebook page Fit For Life where I post everyday.
Thanks for reading and have a fabulous week.
Caroline xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment