Sunday 5 October 2014

Clean Slow Cooker Apple and Cinnamon Oatmeal!

Slow cooker apple and cinnamon oatmeal with
 figs, almonds and extra cinnamon!!

I love Autumn.  The weather is changing, the nights are drawing in, out come the socks and boots, snuggling with blankets, having cosy nights in and heart warming food! And apple everything!
Apples on their own are fab, but cook them down, add some cinnamon (I'm a bit of a cinnamon addict, I shake it on everything!) and I'm in heaven.  

I wanted to do a slow cooker/crock pot recipe, so when I came down in the morning my breakfast was there and ready to eat. 
 
Here's my Slow Cooker Apple and Cinnamon Oatmeal recipe.

Makes 4 servings.

  • butter or coconut oil (for coating the slow cooker)
  • 2 cup oats
  • 1 cups water
  • 2 cups unsweetened almond/coconut/soya milk
  • 1 cup chopped apple pieces
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • chopped nuts, nut butter and/or dried fruit for serving
Instructions
  1. Coat your slow cooker with butter or coconut oil. Add all the ingredients into slow cooker and mix well. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
  2. Place in a bowl to serve and top with nuts, dried fruit, nut butter and more cinnamon.


Before cooking 

After cooking

When you walk down the stairs in the morning the smell is amazing!!  I separated this into 4 portions, stored them in the fridge and I had a readymade breakfast for the rest of the week. 

I'm also loving all the Autumn candles around and I have this burning at the mo...
Yankee Candle Wax Melt

Ok, so maybe I have a slight apple/cinnamon addiction going on, but there's really no better smell at this time of year.  

Try out my Slow Cooker Oatmeal recipe, and let me know how it turns out.  Head over to my Facebook Page Fit For Life for more recipe ideas and have a great week!

Thanks, Caroline xoxo
 







No comments:

Post a Comment