Sunday 18 January 2015

Meal Planning For The First Time!

One of my go to breakfasts!

This time round I'm meal planning!  I've just finished my 2nd week of Insanity Max30 and I want theee best results I can get and that means planning out all my meals in advance.  I've ate clean through all my other workouts (Insanity, P90X, T25 and Piyo) but I've never followed a proper meal plan and this time round I thought I'd give it a go, to see if it really makes a difference.

If it fits in the container you can eat it!

The Max30 eating plan uses the same containers as The 21 Day Fix and you're allowed so many from each group per day.  You can make up your meals and snacks as you wish but once you've used them all from that day, that's it!
Oh boy, it really opens up our eyes to portion size. Don't get me wrong, you get to eat a lot of food BUT it's the kind of food. E.g. wow was I eating too many carbs... like waaaay too many, especially pasta. But it's all about educating yourself, getting it right and seeing those results.

Puy lentil salad with eggs and sweet potato chips.

Also I'm a veggie and trying to figure out the best protein sources I can from plant based foods.  Ok, so I've never ate so many eggs in my life...scrambled, boiled, in clean pancakes, omelets...
But I've also found puy lentils and they taste gorgeous and I'm loving quinoa at the moment, you can add it to everything, sweet or savoury, it's so versatile!

Nutrition guides.

I'm away to plan out next weeks meals and am so excited to start week 3 of Insanity Max30!  This girl will get those abs popping through for bikini season, I'm committed!!

Have a fantastic week, stay happy, stay healthy.
Head over to Fit For Life for daily motivational posts from me!
See you next week, Caroline xoxo







No comments:

Post a Comment