Sunday 8 February 2015

Chocolate mug cake & clean choc. peanut butter popcorn!

Now you can have your cake & eat it too!!

I'm always looking out for new ideas and recipes so I can have a little sweet treat but stay on my healthy path.  I'd heard of mug cakes a while ago and have made them before but it turned out pretty awful to be honest and so I was on a quest to make it taste not only ok but really good!
I experimented with a few different ingredients but this one turned out to be my favourite.  And you can have it for breakfast! Hellooo chocolate cake for breakfast?  Yes, please!!...

So here's my recipe for Chocolate Mug Cake:
(Feel free to add your own fav ingredients and play around with it a little)

2 eggs
1/2 banana
1 tbsp peanut butter (no added sugar)
1 tbsp raw cacoa powder
1 tsp blackstrap molasses
1 tsp ground flaxseed
1 tsp chia seeds
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Blend together until combined then pour into a large mug.  Microwave for 2 mins, then tip into a bowl.  I serve mine with greek yogurt, fresh berries and cinnamon.

Chocolate mug cake with greek yogurt, fresh berries & cinnamon

We were having a little movie night on Friday and I was thinking "what could I eat that I'll enjoy and not feel too guilty about".  Then I remembered I had plain popping corn left over in my cupboard and my brain went into overdrive thinking of a yummy clean topping. because plain popcorn just ain't cutting it!! 
So this is what I came up with and it is sooo good I had to restrain myself from eating the whole giant bowl!!

1 cup of popping corn
1 tbsp peanut butter (no sugar)
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp raw cacao powder

Make the popcorn as instructions on packet.  I popped mine in the microwave until done.  Melt the peanut butter, honey & coconut oil together.  Place the popcorn in a pan and pour over the melted mixture then add the raw cocao powder.  Place the lid on the pan and vigorously shake until all the popcorn is coated.
Pour into a large bowl, choose a fab movie and try not to eat it all in one go!!

Choc peanut butter popcorn mixed with plain popcorn

I know you ll really enjoy making these as much as I did and eating them too!  The popcorn is perfect to make for family movie night as it makes a lot!  I really never knew 1 cup of popcorn would make so much, but hey I'm not complaining!!
Let me know how you're Mug Cakes and Popcorn turn out.  Be great to hear what you all think.

Thanks for reading, have a happy, healthy week.
I'll see you over on Fit For Life where I post everyday.
Caroline xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment