Sunday 10 August 2014

Is clean eating for me?

What is clean eating?  Can you eat clean all the time?  
Ok, I get asked those questions quite a lot, and I'll explain a bit about it here.  First of all clean eating is eating whole fresh foods as close to their natural state as possible, and yes you can eat clean all the time (well apart from my treat meal on a Sat night!)  It's not as difficult as you think, just a change of mindset and a little bit more food prep.

So think fresh, sometimes my fridge looks like a garden!! No more eating out of a box, ditch the white refined carbs, go for wholegrain.  No more fast food, you really don't need that junk, and no more fizzy drinks, full fat or diet, I'm telling you, that stuff is toxic!  Drink water, then more water, aim for 2 litres a day. Fancy it up, add lemon, lime or strawberries and mint, use your imagination!





Ok, so you're maybe thinking well what about snacks, I'll give you my favourite clean eating snacks,  swap them out for your cookies and crisps.

Swap cookies/biscuits for rice cakes with peanut butter
Swap crisps for pop chips ( plain only )
Swap salted peanuts for any plain nuts

Other favourites of mine are, 0% greek yogurt with fresh berries, apple slices with peanut butter, banana pancakes with blueberries, Nakd bars ( available in most supermarkets ) frozen banana slices ( tastes like banana ice cream ) and frozen grapes.


2 ingredient banana pancakes


Eat clean and the benefits you will see and feel will be worth that little bit of extra food prep. You'll lose stubborn pounds, you'll feel more energetic and your skin will glow. Take care of the inside and look great on the outside.  Combine this with working out and BAM the results will be outstanding!

Go to my Facebook page Fit For Life where I post everyday about my love of health and fitness.
Have a great week people, and eat clean!!
Caroline xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment