Sunday 24 August 2014

Motivation, and how to keep it!

MOTIVATION!!! 

We all have it in bucket loads in the beginning, but what happens when the motivation goes and how do we keep going when it's gone?


Remember that feeling when you decided you were going to eat healthy and start that new workout routine? You were really going for it, couldn't wait to get started.  This was it, you had tons of motivation, you were excited, itching to get going.  Then after a few weeks you couldn't be bothered as much, you could feel the motivation seeping away, until you were back at square one, back where you started, motivation ZERO!

You want to know the SECRET to keep going when the motivation is gone?  
FIND YOUR WHY.
Ok, so this is how I get it to work for me.  I had to find a reason to eat clean 90% of the time and to workout 6 days a week, long after my motivation was gone.  Don't 
get me wrong, some days I have tons of get up and go, but there are days that I want to stay in bed or grab a pack of cookies, but you know what stops me, MY WHY!

Now this is going to be different for everyone, but once you find it and keep it in the front of your mind, you WILL keep going.  I'll explain my why and the reason it is so important to me.

MY WHY = MY SON

My WHY, my son Ollie!

For me theres a few things that stem from this.  

1.  I workout 6 days a week not just for me, but I want my son to see that it's good to     exercise often and keep your body moving and that it's part of my daily routine.
2.  We eat clean whole foods and drink water everyday, because I want to grow old being a part of my sons life.  I want to be healthy and disease free well into old age, and to teach my son nutrition is key.

In our household exercise and clean eating is normal practise, and if I ever stopped doing those things because I couldn't be bothered or I didn't make time, that would be sending out the opposite message to what I truly believe in.  


It goes so much further than motivation, so have a good think, and next time you feel like giving in, just remember WHY you started!

Have a fabulous week, please share 'Your Why' in the comments section below and remember to check out my health and fitness page Fit For Life.
Caroline xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment